After a period of vacillation, the UK Government recently moved to put its full weight behind the development of the UK’s shale gas reserves.
Among the key announcements were:
These Government announcements follow hot on the heels of Centrica’s recent acquisition of a quarter stake in the Bowland Shale explorations licence held by Cuadrilla Resources, which underscores the growing interest of large established energy companies in UK shale opportunities.
Against this backdrop, City & Financial’s timely “UK Shale Gas Summit”, which will be held in London on 9th October 2013, will take a hard look at how the Government, shale operators and local communities can work together to develop a commercially viable and sustainable UK shale industry.
The expert speaker panel will address the key issues through roundtable panel discussions and presentations. The programme is divided into five sections:
1. Shale in the context of the Government’s energy policies
2. Potential scale and economics of the UK shale industry
3. Taking advantage of the opportunity – technological and practical considerations
4. Winning the argument I – environmental and safety concerns
5. Winning the argument II – bringing the local community on board
Attendance at this highly topical event will be invaluable for senior executives in the oil & gas industry, the supply chain and both central and local government, as well as representatives from the technical, advisory and financial communities.